Sunday, January 22, 2012

Beauty & Repulsion




BEAUTY is the essence of harmony of an individual, object, or place that can be sensed both on the inside as well as out. When I see beauty I am moved both mentally and on the deepest emotional level. True beauty can move the soul and leave its gentle touch permanently. Each of these photos were taken because they made me speechless and I felt love and compassion when I was in the presence of each.









REPULSION, to me, is the exact same as beauty. However instead of harmony you have absolute chaos of everything dark and twisted. Bare in mind that this is only my opinion, and I actually struggle with it. To elaborate, chaos can be beautiful as well given the right circumstances. I chose each of these pictures because the made me feel uncomfortable and sad, as though our world is spiraling into doom. The poor monkey is so lost and sad looking it's heartbreaking. The pheasant was found outside my home as a result of hunting, and the stop light in the sunset was taken because at that exact moment, it was as if the heavens were splitting to stay "STOP"!

No comments:

Post a Comment