Thursday, February 5, 2009

Assignment 3




1. Immediate Response – First look upon this picture, I would almost bet you would notice the woman on laying backwards on a horse! This is actually quite symbolic to me because I love horses, and my friend captures the love and natural feeling of being with a horse!

2. Objective Description – This picture is in black and white, with the darkest spots being completely black and the lightest being blindingly white! You see brush in the background, and in the foreground a horse is feeding on the grass while a beautiful young woman lays back to back withe the horse. Her complete comfort and emotion of being on the horse is revealed through her face.

3. Formal Matters – The composition to me is very unique and tasteful. However, the color quality is a little off, there is to much contrast between the light and darkness of the photo. The space is beautiful!!!

4. The Story It Tells – "Unconditioned" is very meaningful to me. I have always loved horses, and have dreamed of owning a ranch when I retire in the mountains, someday. Anyways, having one of my best friends able to take this breathtaking shot with no ifs ands or buts meant the world to me. And this horse was so cooperative, he didn't even mind we were there!!

5. The Work in the World - Albrecht Durer’s drawings seem to have a very "fantasy" outlook to them. Some of his work is quite out there in the sense that it does not fit in today's society of what a rhinoceros should look like, for example his Rhinozeros. My photo shows something that can be found in everyday situations, but with a beauty twist. Notice she is wearing a captivating gown??

No comments:

Post a Comment