Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Assignment 11



1. When others look at this picture, they almost forget that I took it while visiting my father. Most of them think I ripped it off of a magazine or something! This was taken at a Lake in North Carolina this last summer. Every time I look at this photo I actually get very emotional for a number of reasons I'm sure but when looking at the actual picture I think it is so beautiful with the color of the clouds almost matching the color of the wind blown water, and they you have the perfectly green trees lining the waters.

2. This picture was taken at a lake in North Carolina just outside of Hope Mills, which is where we first lived before moving to Fort Bragg. There are about 5 minutes apart from each other and the only thing that separates five different cities is a sign saying "Welcome to ...". There is about 50% cloud coverage in the picture and the cloud color almost matches that of the water which is very cool, and the deep green of the trees in the background sets the limits of where the waters roam and the clouds follow.

3. The line quality, placement in space and the composition are very peaceful, calming, and beautiful all in one. The focus is very clear the whole picture through out, and the placement of everything in the photo is very well placed. You can see a tiny bit of the dock in the bottom left corner which I think gives it a nice touch with yet another rich color.

4. "Seeing Water" was taken last summer while visiting my father in North Carolina. My best friend and I went there for five days to visit my family and take a little adventure on our own. I use to live there in N.C. with my father and step family and this we visited this lake often and especially on Christmas Eve when the had a tree lighting ceremony with hot chocolate and camp outs.

5. One of Joseph Turner's drawings I looked at, was very similar to my own in the composition of it. The colors he used were more warm with browns and greys, where mine is more cool, deep colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment