Sunday, February 26, 2012

Identity and The Body

a. Some signs for my identity would be hair (I tend to have a unique style cut and try to be original), skin ( I have three tattoos), eyes ( mine change color depending on my mood), lips/smile (I have won a few Mary Kay lip contests :) ).
b. The most outstanding metaphor for me is 'thoughts are a storm, unexpected'. I often find myself thinking the most outrageous things at the most vulnerable moments, but this is also when some of the greatest ideas I have for photo shoots or poetry hit. Also some single metaphors that come to mind are "hammer" for strength and stability, and "silk" for being delicate.
c. Identity Politics - I am working on changing my lifestyle and those around me to be passively and physically Non Violent. Also possibly Fluidity - I tend to be like the wind on some aspects and flow where I am taken.
e. Kruger stated "your body is a battleground" and is thought to mean by it the pro-choice movement and women's reproductive rights. Others tend to take this as also meaning "the body, including its expression in sexuality, ;is one of the great political arenas of our times,' as Thomas Laqueur".
f. The body is constantly being judged and sometimes fought over. When I was pregnant I had to fight for my right to have a natural birth at home, and still fighting that decision today. I absolutely agree and can relate to her statement.

Victor Romao - I chose this artist because he uses his art to make the public aware of the dangers that actually exist in North America, focusing on male violence, fear, and alterity (otherness). Even though these topics are not what I am most passionate about, they are great topics that should be made more public.






No comments:

Post a Comment