Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Assignment 5


1. First look at this picture and it looks like exactly what it is. An aerial picture of east Hays by the airport. The coolest part of the photo, I think, is that the railroad and the actual road are completely parallel to each other the hole way. But looking at it in 1 point perspective you can see that it gets larger, and smaller.
2. This photo has the railroad and the highway riding parallel to each other going East/West on the outside of Hays. You see a lot of country side, a couple of patches of trees, and the Toulon Wheat Elevator. The sky was cloudy that day, and the horizon fades into the clouds.
3. The line quality and everything is actually quite poor in this photography. I was a little shaky and it definitely shows in this.
4. "Shakes"- I took this actually awhile ago but thought it was such a good example I wanted to use it. My step dad works at RANS and this day was family appreciation and their were free flights offered on the 2 seater planes. I went up with his boss, and being someone terrified of heights and flying, to take some picture and this was the best I got! We were only in the air for maybe 15-20 minutes before I had to come down to the ground. It was quite the experience!!!
5. This photo can only be tied to Edward Ruscha in that some of his work is quite muffled together and the lines are not quite clear, as in this photo it is very blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment